Best Day of our Lives

Best Day of our Lives

Sunday, March 1, 2015

{What I Wish I Could Change About My Life}

First off, I know that I haven't written in quite a long time. It's not that I haven't had things I have wanted to write about and express, but I have been quite busy lately! Now, I finally have a moment to sit back and relax, watch reruns of Sweet 16 and smell the 100 cupcakes that I made for a family party, while I write about something that I was talking to my husband about today.

What I Wish I Could Change About My Life? I will answer that question with one simple word.

NOTHING!

Now, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that my life is absolutely perfect and that nothing goes wrong. However, I'm at a point in my life where I am just SO HAPPY! I look back a few years ago in my life and I would have never guessed that I would be where I am today. I used to be so self-conscious, working random part time jobs, and not knowing what I would be doing with my life in the future. Now, I've been with my husband almost two years, married for over one year, and falling in love more and more every single day. I know that he's the most perfect man for me and he lets me know that I am the most perfect girl for him. (At 21, I feel weird calling myself a "woman" so I'll stick with "girl".) Every day with him is so full of laughs, inside jokes, people watching, long talks, snuggles, random dancing, and LOTS of kisses. I never thought I would marry someone SO perfect for me. And being married to him comes with so much confidence with myself. Yes, he does compliment me and tell me he loves me, but the confidence actually comes from the way he looks at me whether I look pretty or not, and the way he laughs at my jokes and how comfortable I am with myself. 

Besides being overly happy in my marriage, I couldn't have found a better career choice for me. I wanted to be in business and I went to ASU for business, but then realized it wasn't what I wanted to completely commit to. I always wanted to do something in the fashion field, but didn't picture myself as a designer. I also kind of wanted to do something in the medical field, but didn't picture myself as a nurse, dental hygienist, etc. So, when I started the job I do now, I realized I found the perfect fit for me! For those of you who don't know what I do, I am an optician at Reed Family Vision in Chandler, AZ. It is the PERFECT combination of fashion, medical, business, and science. I had been around opticians my whole entire life, but never really knew what they did and never expected myself to go into this field. I work full time and love what I do, so I wouldn't change anything about my career choice.

I can't picture being happier that I already am. And yes, there are things that I do want to add to my life, like buying a house, going on a big vacation, and having kids later in life, but for right now, I don't want my life to be any different. Mike and I are so happy and have been since our first date bowling on March 16, 2013. 


No comments:

Post a Comment