Best Day of our Lives

Best Day of our Lives

Sunday, November 9, 2014

{Some of my Greatest Blessings}

Often times, we see the success of others, their happiness and their materials belongings and want what they have. We forget to notice the things that we have and all the blessings that we have received. Instead, we want more and choose not to be happy for what we already have been blessed with.

It’s sad.

It’s sad to think we go through life every day wanting someone else’s life. Why? Why can’t we be happy with our own lives and the way our lives are? Why can’t we ever just be happy for other people instead of wanting what they have?

I’ll tell you why. We are human. We are all the same. And whether we like it or not, someone is always going to have more than us and someone is always going to have less than us. Someone will always seem happier. You might always seem happier than someone else. And we all have points in our lives where we wish we had what others had and other wish they had what we had. But that’s life.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, Mike and I had a discussion today about all the blessings that we have and some things that we are very grateful for.  The more we talked, the more I realized how blessed we are. We live great lives. And yes, sometimes I wish we had more, but Mike always reminds me of how blessed we are. So, I just wanted to share with you some of my greatest blessings.

·          
·          
·          

I am grateful for MY PARENTS. They are the people who raised me, supported me (and continue to do so), and provided for me. Oh, and love me of course. And I love them. I call and text my mom constantly and can always joke around with my dad. They paid for my wedding and gave me a loan to buy my first car. They have helped me a lot through my life and I am so very grateful for them.



MY SIBLINGS are some of the funniest people I have been around. I can’t imagine a life with siblings that don’t speak their minds and joke around constantly. I love that we can always be honest with each other and supportive of each other too. I am grateful to have siblings that I have such great memories with and I am excited for all of the great memories to come.

I am also very grateful for MIKE’S PARENTS. They have brought me in like one of their own children and have always treated me respect. They are amazing in-laws and I love that we have such a love for each other. They truly are my family. I learn a lot from them in every way. They are the type of people who are always helping other people out and giving more than they ever ask for.

 


MY FRIENDS are some of the best people that I know. They are people I can always count on. I can't believe how lucky I am to have such great friends in my life and people that I can always go to for everything. I am grateful for all of the fun times that they have brought into my life and the friendships they have given me. I'm a lucky girl to have all of them in my life.






OUR JOBS have been some of the biggest blessings in our lives. Mike and I have always been blessed with great jobs and have been able to make the money we need to survive and have fun as well. I am exceptionally grateful for my job because I work for my dad. However, I only work with him one day a week and see him about 1-2 hours of that day. But still, my dad has provided me with an outstanding job that I love going to every day and I am more than grateful to have an amazing opportunity to love what I do and get paid for it too.




If you know Mike and I, then you know that we love OUR CARS. We have been blessed to be able to drive two cars that we absolutely love. Mike got his fast sporty car, and I got my big truck. It took a while to be able to be fortunate enough to finally afford them, but after paying off our cars before, me driving around a little beat up truck with several things not working on it, and then going a week without a car after it broke down, we finally bought our new truck that we love. Fortunately, we haven’t had too many problems with any of our cars and we are SO very grateful for that blessing.






Surprisingly, Mike and I have rarely had any problems with OUR HEALTH. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about how lucky we are to be healthy. Health is taken for granted. You don’t really know how healthy you are until you aren’t anymore.


And lastly I am grateful for my HUSBAND. A husband who tries so hard to make me happy. A husband who gives me a big hug and kiss every single day when we come home from work. A husband who always lets me choose what to watch on TV. A husband who makes me laugh and giggle at all of his jokes. A husband who tells me how much he loves me. A husband who works overtime and gives me more than I need to spend. A husband who insisted on getting me a nice truck. A husband who always empties the trash, helps with the dishes, and cleans up when I’m gone. A husband who tells me I’m beautiful and looks at me with such a deep love in his eyes. A husband who makes my life easier. When I think of blessings, I think of him. And I’m so glad that I married the greatest blessing in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment